After weeks of salads for dinner I really fancy some carbs and this healthy low calorie paella is just the job. Scallops, Squid, Mussels and Prawns are much lower in calories than the meat alternatives of this dish.
This isn't the cheapest meal to make but as we're being so good why not treat ourselves.
Ingredients: Serves 3
- Paella Rice 200g (uncooked weight)
- 1 Large Onion 200g (approx.) chopped finely
- Peas or Petit Pois 100g
- Scallops 200g (I've used Sainsburys frozen)
- Mixed Seafood 350g (I've used Sainsburys frozen)
- Saffron (a pinch)
- Fish Stock (I've used Knorr fish stock pot) dissolved in 650ml boiling water
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp.
- Spices 1tbsp (I've used Schwartz Spanish spices)
Heat a Paella Pan or Chefs pan to medium hot, add the olive oil and cook the onions until soft.
Add the rice and spices to the pan and fry with the onions for about 1 minute to coat the rice. Add the water, saffron and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 13 minutes, until the rice is just over half cooked.
Add the Scallops, Mixed Seafood and peas and continue to simmer for 7 minutes until cooked through and the rice is fluffy.